Book of Correlations




The Book

Break into a window.
Caught a glimpse inside.
Slip in through the splinter.
I am wondering what's inside the house.
Hopeless interest in nothing
a new book that I found.
I'm finding it hard to read it.
Still I'm happy for what I found
I'm happy for what I found
I'm happy for what I found

I found some piece of hope in every page of this book.
The window camera caught me breaking into the house at dawn.
I don't seem to know what I am looking for in this home.
But, for every room I see I'm understanding more of me.
I'm understanding more or me
I'm understanding more of me

...

Anna von Hausswolff, "The Book", Singing from the Grave, 2010, King Disc.


____________________________________________

There is no doubt in my mind that those of you who have read "House of Leaves" by Mark Z. Danielewski will find the lyrics of this song by Anna von Hausswolff disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment